• Friends of Howell Library, 318 Old Tavern Road, Howell, will host a $1 book bag sale during regular library hours now through Feb. 15. All ages are welcome to fill a bag with books and audio items and pay $1. Details: 732-938-2300.
• The New Egypt Elks Lodge will hold a fish fry from 6-8 p.m. Feb. 12 at
105 Lakewood Road, New Egypt. The cost is as follows: 3-piece fish dinner is $10; 2-piece fish dinner is $9; 3-piece chicken dinner is $9; 2-piece chicken dinner is $8; and a children’s dinner is $5. All dinners include salad, coleslaw, rolls, dessert and beverages.
Take out is available.
• A blood drive honoring pediatric cancer patients will take place from 3:30-8:30 p.m. March 23 Aldrich School, 615 Aldrich Road, Howell.
• The Jackson Library, 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson, will hold free technology classes for adults at the following dates and times: Internet Basics at 2 p.m. Feb. 3; Microsoft Word for Beginners at 2 p.m. Feb. 5; Mouse Basics at 2 p.m. Feb. 8; Internet Beyond the Basics at 2 p.m. Feb. 9; Just Pin It! at 2 p.m. Feb. 11; Microsoft Word Intermediate at 2 p.m. Feb. 16; Good Reads at 2 p.m. Feb. 17; Power Point Basics at 2 p.m. Feb. 19; Microsoft Word 3 at 2 p.m. Feb. 23; and Excel Basics at 10 a.m. Feb. 24. Registration is required. Details: 732-928-4400 or www.theoceancountylibrary.org.
• The Italian American Cultural Society of New Jersey will hold a dinner meeting at 7 p.m. Feb. 11 at La Cashina Ristorante, 53 Route 34, Marlboro. The restaurant is BYOB. The cost is $35 for members and $45 for nonmembers. Cash is preferred. No credit cards. Details: 917-743-3311 or 732-861-9465 or www.italianamericansnj.com.
• The Plumsted Library, 119 Evergreen Road, New Egypt, will host an adult craft class at 11 a.m. Feb. 6. Participants will create a hanging paper heart ornament. Materials will be provided. Details: 609-758-7888.
• The Plumsted Library will host the Ocean County Library Puppet Players in “Crankenstein” at 3:45 p.m. Feb. 8 at 119 Evergreen Road, New Egypt. Details: 609-758-7888.
• Join Giavonna Carbonello, a registered dietitian with Perlmutter family ShopRite supermarkets, for a soul food cooking class at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 at the Plumsted Library, 119 Evergreen Road, New Egypt. Details: 609-758-7888.
• The Plumsted Library, 119 Evergreen Road, New Egypt, will host a playtime class for babies up to 18 months old with a caregiver at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 16. Details: 609-758-7888.
• Valentine’s Day bingo and breakfast will take place at 8:30 a.m. Feb. 12 in the multi-purpose room at Bartley Healthcare Nursing and Rehabilitation, 175 Bartley Road, Jackson. Coffee and breakfast items will be served at this free event. Reservations are suggested. Details: 732-370-4700.
• Free tax assistance will be provided by members of AARP at the Jackson Library, 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson, on Thursdays from Feb. 4 through April 14. Appointments are available from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and must be made in advance. This program is open to the public and there is no age requirement to receive assistance. Details: 732-928-4400, ext. 3808.
• The Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver Support Group for caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s or dementia will meet at 10 a.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at the Jackson Library, 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson. Details: 1-800-272-3900 or www.alz.org/nj
• The United Republican Club of Howell meets at 7:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of every month (Feb. 16) at the Howell first aid building, 16 Kent Road, Howell.
• The Jackson Township Democratic Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday (Feb. 17) of every month, unless otherwise noted, at Bella Terra, 2 Kathleen Drive, Jackson. All are welcome to attend the meeting.
• The Jackson Library Knit-Chat-Chain is in need of yarn donations. All types of wool and synthetic yarn in any amount will be accepted. The group uses the donations to make small lap blankets, chemotherapy caps and newborn caps for patients at local health centers. The library is located at 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson. Details: 732-928-4400.
• The Jackson Library, 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson, will host a doo wop and rock and roll concert by Rhythm ‘N Sound at 2 p.m. Feb. 13. Details: 732-928-4400 or www.theoceancountylibrary.org.
• The Jackson Women of Today Food Pantry will sponsor a food drive from Feb. 1-29. Bring nonperishable food items to the bin in the lobby of the Jackson Library, 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson. Details: www.jacksonfoodpantry.com.
• The Jackson Library, 2 Jackson Drive, Jackson, will present “The Bridge: Closing the Generation Gap,” a play written by Kenneth Craddox, at 7 p.m. Feb. 24. This free program is open to the public. Registration is required. Adults and teens are welcome. Details: 732-928-4400 or www.theoceancountylibrary.org.
Items for the Tri-Town News Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.