HomeTri TownTri Town NewsBomb threat forces students out of school

Bomb threat forces students out of school

PLUMSTED – Students and faculty members at New Egypt High School were moved to the nearby New Egypt Middle School for almost two hours on a recent morning after a bomb threat was reported by an administrator.

According to Plumsted Township School District Interim Superintendent of Schools Stephanie Bilenker, who addressed the incident in a letter to parents, at about 10:30 a.m. May 16, high school Principal Michael Mendes learned of an alleged bomb threat that had been scrawled on a wall in a student bathroom.

Bilenker said school personnel followed the district’s protocol and alerted the Plumsted Police Department to the alleged threat. All of the high school’s faculty members and students were taken to the middle school.

“Our students and staff responded in an efficient and responsible manner,” Bilenker said.

Plumsted police officers and officers from the Ocean County Sheriff’s Department conducted an investigation at the high school. The sheriff’s department K-9 unit searched the building for explosives. No explosives were found.

By 12:30 p.m., students and staff members returned to the high school to continue the instructional day.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Stay Connected

3,529FansLike
4,441FollowersFollow