Visitors of all ages have exciting new things to look forward to this season at Six Flags Great Adventure.
Lions, tigers, bears (oh my!)
Guests can see the Safari’s adorable baby cub trio — consisting of lion, tiger and bear cubs. The female lion named Zuri and tiger named Nadya were born late last year. The pair made news when the Six Flags animal care team began hand-raising them as sisters when their mothers did not adequately care for them. While the two would typically never cross paths in the wild, they have bonded and help each other gain socialization skills. The newest cub, a female European brown bear named Baily, was born Jan. 12 and needed medical assistance. She has been thriving under veterinary team care. The cub trio will spend most of the season at Camp Aventura, and will be introduced to their respective species at the Safari later this season.
Two new shows make their debut this spring
Versatile entertainers Cliff Woerner and Nick Spinelli blur the line between the possible and impossible as they showcase a blend of comedy, wondrous illusions and audience participation in This Magic Moment in the Adventure Theater. In SeaFari Theater, fun and friendly animal competition featuring sea lions, pigs, otters, birds and goats take center stage in the new Wildlife Games. The theme park is also introducing new dining venues including the Go Fresh Café with healthy food options near Nitro, Sky Bar featuring wine, beer, soda and a variety of snacks adjacent to the 24-story SkyScreamer, and Villains Café featuring turkey legs, snacks and drinks in the Lakefront. For Season Pass holders, the best dining value continues to be the All-Season Dining Pass which allows guests to pay once and eat all year and includes the new dining venues.
The Joker wreaks total mayhem along the lakefront
Six Flags Great Adventure prepares for its most insane roller coaster experience in history with The Joker. After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster wreaks havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders experience all of this chaos with no track above or below ─ just the sky, ground and adjacent Great Lake churning around them.
The unique design of The Joker features:
- massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design
- one-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to eight per vehicle with a total of five vehicles
- face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels
- a 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift
- two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling
The park’s 14th and most unique scream machine in its history, The Joker is expected to wreak total mayhem beginning Memorial Day weekend, and join the ranks of all legendary roller coasters at Six Flags Great Adventure.
New Caribbean Cove splashes into Hurricane Harbor
Guests can cool down as the weather heats up at Hurricane Harbor. In June, the all-new water play area, Caribbean Cove, will add more family fun to the 45-acre water park.
Caribbean Cove cool facts:
- active and colorful water play center with more than 55 interactive features
- spray nozzles, jets, valves, water guns, action slide and a giant tipping bucket towering nearly two stories in the air
- two-foot-deep, beach-entry pool
- beach area with 300 new lounge chairs
- new shade canopy will provide additional respite from the summer sun
Caribbean Cove is situated between the between the Taak It Eez Ee Creek lazy river and Big Wave Racer slide complex.
Tickets, operating hours, park information and special events can be found at www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.