PLAINSBORO: Firefighters control apartment kitchen fire

0
135
PERM-PLAINSBORO.JPG

By Lea Kahn, Staff Writer
PLAINSBORO — A Fox Run Drive woman suffered minor smoke exposure following a fire that broke out in her apartment while she was cooking with oil in her kitchen at 12:31 p.m. Oct. 5, according to the Plainsboro Township Police Department.
The first police officers that arrived at the scene observed smoke billowing out of the apartment’s windows. The officers went into the apartment and escorted the victim out of the unit. They also evacuated all of the residents of the apartment building at 100 Fox Run Drive, who were allowed back into their homes later.
Firefighters from the Plainsboro Fire Department and the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory Fire Department responded to the scene to put out the fire, police said.
The Plainsboro Township Emergency Medical Services unit also responded, and treated the victim for minor smoke exposure at the scene. She did not require additional medical assistance. 