PLUMSTED – Republicans Herb Marinari and Vincent Lotito were sworn in to office for new three-year terms on the Township Committee during Plumsted’s 2017 reorganization meeting on Jan. 2.
The oath of office that each man took was administered by state Assemblyman Ronald Dancer, who is presently serving as the township’s business administrator.
Marinari and Lotito won re-election in an uncontested race in November.
Dancer also administered the oath of office to committeemen Jack Trotta and Eric Sorchik, who were elected by their fellow members of the governing body to continue serving as mayor and deputy mayor, respectively, in 2017.
“I would like to thank the committee for nominating and voting for us to continue leading the township. I think it will be a very good and productive new year,” Trotta said.
Marinari and Lotito said they appreciate the opportunity to continue serving on the committee and said they look forward to seeing the township make further progress in 2017, according to a press release from the township.
In other business, the committee members:
- Appointed Gilmore and Monahan as township attorney
- Appointed John J. Mallon of T&M Associates as township engineer
- Appointed Citta, Holzapfel and Zabarsky as township prosecutor
- Appointed Stan Slachetka of T&M Associates as professional planner on an as needed basis
- Approved a shared services agreement with Allentown for the services of a chief financial officer. June Madden is the CFO for both towns
- Reappointed the following residents to the Plumsted Municipal Utilities Authority: Robert W. Minter (five-year term), Rickey Brown (Alternate No. 1, five-year term) and Anthony Esposito III (Alternate No. 2, five-year term)
- Reappointed Ann Funck as the drug and alcohol alliance coordinator
- Reappointed Peter Ylvisaker as the Main Street program executive director
- Named the following residents to the Planning/Land Use Board: Trotta, Sorchik, Dancer, Glenn Riccardi, Walter Bronson, Wendy Galloway, Dominick Cuozzo (alternate), Bob Bowen (alternate), John Neyenhouse (alternate)
- Approved a contract with Whisper Acres (Jan E. Bilyk) to provide animal control services for Plumsted for 2017.
The Township Committee will meet on Feb. 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, June 7, July 5, Aug. 2, Sept. 6, Oct. 4, Nov. 1 and Dec. 6. The meetings are open to the public.