From animal shows to nature walks, the Monmouth County Park System is honoring Earth Day with activities offered throughout the county from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 22, according to a press release.
Here’s what is planned:
• Bayshore Waterfront Park Activity Center, Port Monmouth, Middletown: Celebrate the shore and discover cool coastal animals and artifacts like whales, sea turtles, fish, crabs and even tiny plankton during an interactive touch and tell program. Tours will be given of the historic Seabrook-Wilson House, which dates back to the early 1700s.
• Deep Cut Gardens, Middletown: Beautiful flowers are back in bloom. Discover the park’s floral beauty, hidden places and native plants. Find out how to become an earth-friendly gardener.
• Huber Woods Environmental Center, Middletown: See snakes and reptiles during a family oriented show that gives visitors the chance to watch live and exciting animals and nature artifacts found in the state. There will be freshwater pond creatures on view and an opportunity to see child-friendly interactive exhibits inside the environmental center.
• Manasquan Reservoir Environmental Center, Howell: Come and explore the woods and wetlands of the Manasquan Reservoir. The day will include nature walks, live reptile and amphibian presentations, children’s crafts and more. Activity times: animal presentations at 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.; nature walks at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.; and crafts all day.
• Thompson Park Visitor Center, Lincroft: Promote environmental awareness and have fun making crafts that celebrate endangered wildlife and Mother Earth.
Admission and parking for all activities is free. For more information, visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000.