COLTS NECK – The Township Committee has adopted an ordinance amending the section of the municipal code that describes parking prohibitions in Colts Neck.
The ordinance was adopted during a meeting on Dec. 13 with support from Mayor Russell Macnow, Deputy Mayor J.P. Bartolomeo and committeemen Edward Eastman, Frank Rizzuto and Thomas Orgo.
Colts Neck has a blanket prohibition that prevents the parking of vehicles on all streets from 2-5 a.m., except on Sunday mornings and holidays.
The following are roads that have been added to the list of streets where parking is not permitted at any time:
- Both sides of Lovett Road from High Bridge to the cul-de-sac
- Both sides of Rivers Edge Drive from Laird Road for 250 feet
- Huddy’s Inn, 206 Route 537, in fire zones.
The ordinance adjusts parking prohibitions at the following locations:
- Conover Road schools – No parking in front of schools for entire length of driveways at the elementary school and the primary school
- Laird Road – No parking beginning at Raven Road and extending to Orchard Lane. Prohibition was originally beginning 1,200 feet west from the center line of Yellow Brook Bridge to a point 1,200 feet east
- Marl Road – No parking from the northern cul-de-sac for 500 feet. Parking was previously prohibited on the entire length of Marl Road
- Muhlenbrink Road – No parking beginning from the center line of the reservoir bridge 1,000 feet north and south of that point. Parking was previously prohibited for the first 1,000 feet west of the center line of Yellow Brook Bridge to a point 1,000 feet east
- Phalanx Road – No parking from the reservoir bridge to Rimwood Lane. Parking was previously prohibited for the full length lying between the Middletown and Colts Neck boundary and Route 34
- Raven Road – No parking from the cul-de-sac 500 feet west. Parking was previously prohibited on the entire road.
Certain parking prohibitions have been removed from the following locations: The former Atlantic School on Route 537, in front of Huddy’s Inn restaurant parking lot on Route 537; Barberry Lane; Route 537 south between Hillbrook Lane and Route 34; Flock Road from westerly curb line of Route 34 to a point 150 feet west; Hyers Mill Road between Route 537 and Merchants Way; Leland Road from Route 34 to end; Pivit Lane; and White Pine Drive.