The American Red Cross has scheduled the following blood drives to deal with the summer blood and platelet shortage:
– 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 5 at Chinmaya Vrindavan Temple, 95 Cranbury Neck Road, Cranbury.
– 1-6 p.m. Aug. 8 at Wilkin & Guttenplan, PC, 1200 Tices Lane, East Brunswick
– 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 12 at Jewish Community Center of Middlesex County, 1775 Oak Tree Road, Edison.
– 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 11 at South Brunswick Community Center, 124 New Road, Monmouth Junction section of South Brunswick
– 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 11 at Aquatic & Fitness Center, 333 Cheesequake Road, Parlin section of Sayreville.
– 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 12 at American Legion Post 253, 50 Devoe Ave., Spotswood.
All those who come to donate will receive a $5 Amazon.com gift card via email. Restrictions apply; see amazon.com/gc-legal. More information and details are available at RedCrossBlood.org/Together.
Make an appointment using the American Red Cross Blood Donor App, by visiting RedCrossBlood.org or by calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).