The South River Police Department is accepting applications for a school crossing guard (part-time/substitute).
School crossing guards work under the direction of the police department and are responsible for the safe crossing of school children and other pedestrians at designated crossing areas within the Borough of South River.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be a resident of New Jersey
• Must be of sound body and of good health with vision and hearing adequate to perform essential job functions
• Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license
• Must be of good moral character and not be convicted of any criminal offense
Applications can be obtained from and returned to South River Municipal Offices, 48 Washington St., South River.
Applicants are requested to apply as soon as possible.