The Old Bridge Public Library will host an array of interactive events for children this month. All events are free and open to the public; some programs require registration as noted. The library is located at 1 Old Bridge Plaza at the intersection of Route 516 and Cottrell Road.
- Sensory Storytime will be held at 6 p.m. on May 10, and a Sensory Spring Fling will be held at 6 p.m. on May 17. These sessions provide opportunities for children with special needs to improve social play and develop their fine motor skills by investigating and exploring sensory stations. Siblings are welcome and caregivers must stay with their children.
- A drop-in Mother’s Day craft session will be held from noon to 4 p.m. on May 12. Create special paper flowers.
- Maker Monday: Seed Bombs will be at 7 p.m. on May 13. A seed bomb is a mixture of clay, compost and flower seeds. The bombs germinate after rainfall, sprouting flowers in previously uninhabited places. ‘Tweens in grades 4-6 are invited. Registration required by calling 732-721-5600, ext. 5033 or visiting www.oldbridgelibrary.org.
- A special animal clinic will “check up” on stuffed animals at 2:30 p.m.on May 18. Children will move from station to station and have their furry friends’ height, weight, heartbeat, eyes and ears examined.
- A Memorial Day scavenger hunt is planned for noon to 4 p.m. on May 26.