The Monroe Township Cultural Arts Commission will hold its Music in the Park free summer concerts beginning on July 11.
Concerts are held at 6 p.m. Thursdays at the open grove gazebo on the lake in Thompson Park, Perrineville Road. Bring your own chairs and blankets.
In the event of inclement weather, the concerts will be moved indoors to the Monroe Township Senior Center, 12 Halsey Reed Road, Monroe. Limited seating so arrive early.
The schedule is:
- July 11 – Mariachi Oro De Mexico
- July 18 – Strictly 60s
- July 25 – Tanglewood – acoustic music featuring classic and contemporary rock and pop
- Aug. 1 – David Cendeno and his Orchestra – salsa, jazz, meringue, modern ballads and American music with a Latin beat
- Aug. 8 – Legacy Band – Top 40 hits with horns and harmonies
- Aug. 15 – Ed Goldberg & the Odessa Klezmer Band – Jewish folk music of Eastern Europe and Middle East
For more information, visit www.monroetownshipculturalarts.com/.