2. North Brunswick, 5–1: The Raiders’ defense notched its second shutout of the season with a 13-0 road victory over Piscataway High School on Oct. 11.
3. Rumson-Fair Haven, 4-2: The Bulldogs have beaten two really talented opponents, Manalapan and Mater Dei Prep, over the past two weeks.
4. Saint Joseph Regional, 5-1: The Metuchen school has shown a lot of grit this fall, winning three games by single digits.
5. Old Bridge, 5-0: Old Bridge won with offense the last two weeks, but it got back to winning with defense on Oct. 11 at Monroe Township High School, beating the Falcons, 7-6.
6. Red Bank Catholic, 3-2: RBC moved up a spot in the rankings, from No. 7 to No. 6, without even playing this week, though it will enter next week on a two-game winning streak.
7. Mater Dei Prep, 4-2: After two straight close losses, the Seraphs have dropped from No. 1 to No. 7, but they remain a talented and formidable player in the NJSIAA playoff picture.
8. Jackson Memorial, 4-2: Coach Vinny Mistretta wanted his Jaguars to get better as the season went on, and it looks like that’s happening, as the team has won three games in a row.
9. South Brunswick, 4-2: The Vikings bounced back from a loss to Old Bridge last week with a 41-22 home victory over Perth Amboy High School on Oct. 11.
10. Manalapan, 3-2: The Braves reentered the top 10 by ending their two-game losing streak, beating Long Branch High School, 34-19, on Oct. 11 at home.