The Manalapan Police Department reported the following incidents occurred in the township:
• On Nov. 25 at 7:22 a.m., officers responded to a self-storage facility on Madison Avenue to investigate a report of a burglary in progress. A 58-year-old Manalapan resident reported observing two suspects with what appeared to be bolt cutters breaking into several storage units. The suspects fled the scene in a silver Honda Odyssey. Through further investigation, it was determined several storage units were broken into. The incident is under investigation by Patrolman Christopher Oleksy and Detective Jennie Hensley.
• On Nov. 22 at 9 p.m., a 33-year-old Manalapan resident reported an incident of extortion. The resident told police an individual was in possession of personal videos of him from an online video chat application and was threatening to release the videos publicly unless the resident paid a sum of money. The incident was handled by Patrolman James Guarino.
• On Nov. 21 at 2 p.m., offcers responded to a residence on Inwood Drive. A 19-year-old male resident of Manalapan reported he was assaulted and robbed by two individuals on Justin Way. The resident said his cell phone and wallet were taken during the incident. Patrolman Charles Alaimo handled the report and the incident is under investigation.
• On Nov. 13 at 11:59 a.m., officers responded to a business on Route 9 in reference to a report of a theft. It was determined the theft occurred on Nov. 9 and was captured on video security footage. Police said a heavyset white male wearing a blue sweatshirt and a black outer vest walked into the store and took a product valued at less than $300. The man left the store without paying for the merchandise. The incident is under investigation.
• On Nov. 15 at 11:06 a.m., officers responded to a medical care facility on Craig Road to investigate a report of a hit and run motor vehicle crash. A 57-year-old resident of Berkeley reported their vehicle was struck while they were in the vehicle, The suspect vehicle was described as a white four-door sedan with a New Jersey license plate ending in PCV. The incident occurred in the parking lot of a shopping center on Route 9. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 732-446-4300. Patrolman James Joiner handled the report.
• On Nov. 16 at 12:30 a.m., Patrolman Ryan Brady conducted a motor vehicle stop on Route 9 for a motor vehicle violation. The driver, who was identified as a 26-year-old female resident of Matawan, was charged with driving while intoxicated.
• On Nov. 16 at 3:09 p.m., officers responded to a home on Smithburg Road to investigate a report of an assault. An investigation revealed a juvenile male assaulted an adult. The juvenile also caused damage to a rear glass door in the home. The incident was handled by Patrolman Jason Vigneault.
• On Nov. 17 at 4:45 p.m., officers responded to a facility on Route 33 to investigate a report of an assault. An investigation determined a 38-year-old male resident of the facility was assaulted by a 52-year-old male resident of the facility. Both men declined to proceed with criminal complaints and the officers left without further incident. Patrolman Aaron Abeles handled the investigation.