The Manalapan Police Department reported the following incidents occurred in the township:
• On Dec. 7 at 8:15 p.m., officers responded to a residence on Saxon Court in reference to a report of a residential burglary. An individual reported that sometime between August and Dec. 6, several items went missing from her residence. Patrolman Charles Mazzatto handled the report.
• On Dec. 7 at 7 p.m., officers responded to a business on Route 9 in reference to a report of theft. An employee of the business reported that an individual removed various items from the business without paying for the items. The individual was later identified as a 38-
year-old female resident of Brooklyn, N.Y. Patrolman James Guarino handled the report.
• On Dec. 6 at 11:17 a.m., officers responded to a department store on Route 9 in reference to a report of fraud. A Marlboro resident reported that she sent department
store gift cards to an unknown individual who was pretending to be a U.S. Marshal investigating the fraudulent use of her Social Security number. Patrolman Peter Bylsma handled the report.
• On Dec. 5 at 11:33 a.m., a Manalapan resident reported an incident of fraud. The resident reported that he sent cash to an unknown individual who was contracted to do computer work. The individual never completed service to the resident’s personal computer. Patrolman Kevin Ruditsky handled the report.
• On Dec. 4 at 10:33 a.m., officers responded to a bank on Route 9 to investigate a report of a fraudulent transaction. Bank employees reported that on Dec. 3 at 1 p.m., an individual made a cash transaction which resulted in defrauding the bank of $160. The subject was described as an Indian male, in his mid to late 60s, bald and wearing
glasses. Patrolman Anthony Cascella handled the initial report.
• On Dec. 3 at 6:34 p.m., Patrolman Douglas Zike conducted a motor vehicle stop on Woodward Road. The driver, described as a male resident of Manalapan, was found to be driving while intoxicated. The driver was transported to police headquarters, processed and released.
• On Dec. 2 at 10:32 p.m., officers responded to the area of Sweetmans Lane and Kinney Road for a single-vehicle crash. A male resident of Rahway was found to be driving while intoxicated. Police said the driver resisted the officers while he was being placed under arrest. He was subsequently transported to police headquarters without further incident. The driver was processed and placed in the Monmouth County jail, Freehold Township, pending a court appearance. Patrolman Peter Bylsma was the arresting officer.
• On Dec. 1 at 12:56 a.m., officers responded to the area of Tennent Road and Kelton Place to investigate a report of a single-vehicle crash. A male resident of Manalapan was charged with driving while intoxicated. The resident was transported to police headquarters, processed and released. Patrolman Jared Coupland handled the arrest.
• On Nov. 30 at 7:11 p.m., a Manalapan resident reported an incident of fraud and extortion. The resident reported that an unknown individual was in possession of personal videos and pictures of the resident from an online dating application and was threatening to post the videos and pictures on the internet unless there was an exchange for money. The report was handled by Patrolman James Guarino.
• On Nov. 28 at 3:20 a.m., officers responded to a business on Route 9 in reference to a report of a burglary. An employee of the store reported he observed an unknown individual enter the store by smashing the front glass door. Once inside, the individual broke into two cash registers and removed an unknown amount of cash before fleeing the scene on foot toward Route 9. The individual was described as a black male wearing a ski mask, with a light colored tie-dyed shirt over a black hoodie, gloves, black pants and sneakers. Patrolman Kyle Earley handled the report.