FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP – In light of recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Gov. Phil Murphy, CentraState Healthcare Foundation is postponing or rescheduling events and gatherings.
“While it saddens us to do so, our first priority is to always do our part to ensure the health and wellness of our community,” the foundation’s directors said in a press release issued March 23.
The postponements include:
• Food truck fundraisers for colorectal cancer awareness month are postponed through the end of March;
• Associated Auxiliaries Vendor Sales are postponed though the end of April;
• Associated Auxiliaries Spring Vendor Sale originally set for April 25-26 is rescheduled for July 25-26;
• Paulette’s C of Blue 5K/1 Mile will hold a Virtual Run on May 3 and a live community event in the fall;
• Associated Auxiliaries – A Culinary Affair originally on May 4 is rescheduled for Oct. 19.
The foundation’s directors said, “As you know, this is a constantly changing situation so we will continue to assess and monitor the recommendations to determine if an extension is needed.”
The foundation’s directors said people are asking how they can help the community and they provided the following options:
• Donate to a local blood drive. Visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS to register.
• There are two local blood drives scheduled: March 26 from noon to 5 p.m. at the YMCA of Freehold, 470 East Freehold Road, Freehold Township. Registration is required; and April 22 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., CentraState Medical Center, Star and Barry Tobias Ambulatory Campus, Jack Aaronson Conference Center (enter through the conference center entrance only), 901 W. Main St., Freehold Township. Registration is required, no walk-ins accepted.
• Volunteer to start a mask drive in your area. Coordinate a mask drive and spread the word for people to donate new unopened boxes of N95 respiratory masks. Call 732-294-7029 to let the foundation know about plans to help.
• Hearts for Healthcare – a small simple gesture can show the community’s collective appreciation for the doctors, nurses and healthcare workers who are required to report to work each day. Contributions may be made to support a wish list of critical needs during this time. Contact the CentraState Healthcare Foundation. 732-294-7030.