Editor’s note: In light of recent events related to coronavirus, some organizations have decided to cancel their upcoming programs. Please check the status of any event before attending.
The following lectures and programs will be held at the Office on Aging, South Brunswick Senior Center located in the Municipal Complex, Route 522, Monmouth Junction section of South Brunswick.
Programs are open to South Brunswick residents age 55 and older.
Call 732-329-4000, ext. 7670 for more information.
- Ted Talks – 12:30 p.m. April 1, Laura Rovner, What happens to people in solitary confinement?; 10:45 a.m. April 15, Monica Lewinsky
- Famous Playwrights – Mondays at 10 a.m., presented by Bill Roufberg. April 6, Agatha Christie, “Mousetrap;” April 13, Elie Wiesel, “Trial of God;” April 20, Shakespeare, “Othello;” April 27, Anton Chekhov, “The Cherry Orchard;” May 4, Arthur Miller, “The Price”
- Art Lecture with Maurice Mahler, 12:30 p.m. March 20, presentation on Gustav Klimt
- Brain Health, Tuesdays 10:30–11:30 a.m. (except the second Tuesday of the month). 12-week course that will explore how brains work and what to do to keep them healthy. Can join any session. Registration is preferred.
- Nutrition Jeopardy, 11 a.m. on April 14
- Financial and Investment Markets: What’s Happening and Impact on Retired People, 12:15 p.m. on April 14.
- Art Lecture with Maurice, 12:30 p.m. on April 17. Presentation on Monet’s Gardens.
- Mahatma Ghandi, the “Great Soul” of India, 12:15 p.m. on April 20. Sign up at the Senior Center.
- Playing it Safe When it Comes to Medications & More, 12:30-1:30 p.m. on April 6.
- Blood pressure screening, 11 a.m. to noon on April 21. No appointment needed. Call 888-897-8979 or visit the Penn Med Desk in the Wellness Center to register for health programs and screenings.
- Movie Days: 12:30 p.m. April 2, “Knives Out;” 12:30 p.m. April 28, “Clemency”
- New Member Mingle, 12:30-1:15 p.m. April 23.
- Spring Fling Celebration, April 16. 11:15 a.m. lunch for $2.25, 12:15 p.m. music and dancing, 1:15 p.m. 50/50 Friends fundraiser. Sign up by April 8.
- South Brunswick Student Art Gallery, 10:30 a.m. April 2. Transportation provided from the Senior Center to the school and back in time for lunch. Bus departs Senior Center at 10 a.m. sharp.
- Living Legacies: The Faces In Our Neighborhoods, 12:15-1:15 p.m. April 3. South Brunswick High School students present monologues reflecting the lives of township residents who have made an impact in South Brunswick. Sign up at the Senior Center