North Brunswick has confirmed 30 positive cases of COVID-19 as of March 29.
South Brunswick has confirmed 33 positive cases; six of the seven new cases reported on March 29 are recovering at home, according to officials.
There are currently 808 in Middlesex County; 11,124 in New Jersey; and 124,123 across the United States, as of March 29
“Our work has been round the clock for the past month involving an all hands on deck approach,” South Brunswick Mayor Charles Carley said in a township address on March 29. “Our response has involved every department in the township. Our local health department, in coordination with the Middlesex County Health Department, has been at the forefront of identifying people who have contracted the virus and conducting follow up. Our Office of Emergency Management has worked continuously with county and state officials to adapt to the changing emergencies and restrictions. Our Social Service Department and Senior Center have developed contingency plans to address the neediest members of our community. Our police department has modified manpower levels and added new technology to improve outreach capabilities. Our EMS services have risen to the occasion with increased coordination and improved response times. Our fire departments have adjusted their manpower to address our community’s needs. The entire municipal workforce has made adjustments to ensure safety while trying to maintain essential services. This is not battle that will end in the coming days, but I want everyone to rest assured your safety and welfare is my top priority.”
As of March 29, Carley said 22 community messages had been sent out via Nixle to advise residents of the latest coronavirus news.
Also, 4,489 calls have been handled by the communication center since the first incident on March 10, he said.
“I believe there is tremendous coordination and cooperation by all those responding to this emergency. I want to thank the vast majority of residents who are adhering to the governor’s restrictions on social distancing and limiting travel. We have seen an 80% decrease in traffic crashes as a result of more people staying home. The next two weeks will be important to see how we can flatten the curve,” Carley said in the statement.
Carley said there will be adjustments to daily lives over the days to come.
“I also want to ask that you support our local restaurants who are open for take-out and delivery. These local establishments serve our community on a daily basis and if you are able to order from them it will help us all in the long run. A list of restaurants and food establishments can be found on the township website at www.southbrunswicknj.gov/.
I thank you for your help and patience in this difficult time, and remember we are all in this together,” he said in the statement.