Mercer County recorded its first deaths from COVID-19 this week, the New Jersey Department of Health announced.
Three Mercer County residents have died after contracting COVID-19, but additional information about those deaths was not available.
Mercer County officials announced on April 1 that 333 residents had been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Meanwhile, two Princeton residents who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 are in the hospital, Princeton Health Department officials said. They have been hospitalized on the basis of their ages and pre-existing medical conditions.
They are among the 30 Princeton residents who have tested positive for COVID-19 as of April 1, officials said. The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Princeton has continued to rise, from 16 on March 26 to 28 on March 31 and overnight to 30 cases on April 1.
Of the 30 residents who have tested positive, three are healthcare workers. None of the town’s emergency medical technicians tested positive for the disease, but two Princeton police officers are in self-isolation after they became infected, officials said.
Tests are pending for a third Princeton police officer.
A dozen Princeton residents who were confirmed to have COVID-19 and who were in self-isolation have been released, officials said. Ten residents remain under self-isolation, including three who showed symptoms.
Of the 30 residents who have been infected, one is younger than 11 years old and one is between 12 years old and 17 years old. There are 23 residents who are between 18 years old and 65 years old.
Three residents are between 66 years old and 75 years old, one is between 76 years old and 85 years old. Another resident is more than 86 years old.