MIDDLETOWN – The Middletown Arts Center is accepting online submissions to The MAC One Acts, an upcoming one-act play festival.
Five finalists will be chosen from two age groups (ages 13-18 and adults) to read their pieces with actors in front of a live stream audience and, down the line, at a physical festival at the Middletown Arts Center, according to a press release.
The submission deadline is April 24 at 11:59 p.m. and winners will be notified on April 30.
Guidelines are as follows:
• One submission per playwright;
• Play submissions must be one act, with a run time between 30 minutes and one hour;
• Limit of one to five characters;
• Scripts must be original, unpublished works appropriate for all ages;
• Scripts should adhere to standard professional play format;
• The name of the play and the page number should appear on all pages;
• Include a synopsis and a casting/character breakdown.
Visit bit.ly/maconeacts to submit an electronic copy of the script. Accepted file formats are DOC, DOCX and PDF.
Questions (not submissions) may be sent to MacOneActs@gmail.com. For more
information, visit middletownarts.org
The Middletown Arts Center, 36 Church St., is run by the nonprofit Middletown Township Cultural and Arts Council which is dedicated to bringing quality arts programming and events to Middletown and surrounding communities, according to the press release.