SOUTH RIVER–The South River Police Department has been notified by the Middlesex County Health Department that a total of 19 additional residents have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) over the past week.
This brings the total number of cases in South River to 291.
The daily breakdown of the new cases is as follows:
- May 24 had one positive case
- May 25 had three positive cases
- May 26 had one positive case
- May 27 there were none
- May 28 there were seven positive cases
- May 29 there were six positive cases
- May 30 had one positive case
As of May 30, the police department had not been informed that any additional South River residents had passed away due to COVID-19. The total number of deaths remains at nine.
The police department provides weekly updates every Saturday.
New cases will continue to be updated daily on the COVID-19 page on the police department’s website.
For more information, visit www.southriverpd.org/covid-19