The Spotswood Office on Aging has resumed medical transportation effective immediately, albeit with various guidelines and restrictions.
- Patrons must wear a mask and sit at least six feet away from the bus driver.
- The bus driver will wait at the facility until a patron is finished in case he or she needs to wait on the bus until he or she is called in.
- Due to the extended wait time, the office will need to limit the number of appointments per day.
- Patrons must stay home if they show any signs of illness. This includes, but is not limited to, coughing, sore throat, fever, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Patrons’ temperatures will be taken prior to getting on the bus.
- Patrons will notify the Spotswood Office on Aging immediately should they develop symptoms of an illness within 48 hours after being transported by the office.
Appointments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. If there are two clients going to the same medical facility near or at the same appointment time, the office will transport both clients together. The clients must sit at least six feet apart on the bus.
For more information, call 732-251-3432 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays to schedule an appointment or to speak with the office regarding these procedures.