• The Monmouth County Park System has announced that at Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park, Long Branch, daily guarded swimming began on June 13. Daily and seasonal park access passes are available. Visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com. Daily park capacity will be limited to achieve mandated social distancing objectives (this applies to parking and walk-in visitors). Purchasing a season pass, or a daily access pass, does not guarantee visitors entry into the park if capacity is reached. Restrooms will be open, but are subject to periodic extended closings for cleanings throughout the day. Tony’s Place Playground and the Skateplex are currently closed.
• New Jersey Blood Services, which provides blood for local patients, is looking for volunteers whose tasks will include assisting donors with registration and/or at the refreshment area. No medical background necessary. Must have transportation. All training is provided. Details: Call or text Sharon Zetts at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Residents struggling with substance use issues may call 1-844-ReachNJ to speak with counselors ready to offer assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week. ReachNJ is a free, confidential hotline that provides individuals with concerns about their own or a family member’s substance use immediate help and treatment referrals. The help line is always answered by a live specialist.
• CentraState Medical Center, Freehold Township, offers a Movement Disorder Program that provides specialized treatment to patients with Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, tics, tremors, ataxia, dystonia and other similar syndromes. The program is held in the Star and Barry Tobias Ambulatory Campus. To request a consultation to help manage Parkinson’s disease or other movement disorders, call 732-637-6316 or email Parkinsons@centrastate.com
The 17th annual Freehold Township Day and Concert in the Park will take place on Oct. 3 (rescheduled from July 11) at Michael J. Tighe Park, Georgia Road, Freehold Township. The Veterans Community Alliance will host the event with Freehold Township. Activities will take place from 4-11 p.m. A classic car show will open to the public at 3 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
• The Freehold Borough K-8 School District Board of Education will meet on June 29 and will do so remotely. On June 29, go to www.freeholdboro.k12.nj.us for instructions about how to call into and participate in the meeting.
• Samaritan Center, a joint ministry of St. Thomas More and Old Tennent Presbyterian churches, operates a food pantry to provide supplementary food for those in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Donations of funds and food are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center. Volunteers are always welcome.
• Monmouth County will hold backyard composting workshops for county residents. The free 45-minute workshop will teach residents how to reduce household waste, improve the soil for plants and reduce landfill waste. The workshops to be held at the Agriculture Building, 4000 Kozloski Road, Freehold Township, on Oct. 17 at 9 a.m. and Nov. 14 at 9 a.m. Participants may purchase the Earth Machine backyard composting bin at the session for $35. Advance registration is required. Call 732-683-8686, ext. 8967.
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.