NAMIcon is a virtual event planned for July 13-14 that will focus on mental health wellness.
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) is committed to delivering a high-quality and productive experience for all attendees with sessions dedicated to a variety of topics, including:
- Plenary with Joshua Gordon, M.D., Ph.D., director of the National Institute of Mental Health, on the challenges and opportunities in mental health research.
- The importance of comprehensive and holistic treatment approaches to address the complexities of mental illness.
- Why diversity, inclusion and cultural competence are important and how we can address issues like identity, language and demographics.
- Research updates regarding various treatments and models.
- NAMI and WETA, the flagship PBS station in Washington, D.C., along with other national partners, will launch the Well Beings campaign and host a virtual national town hall.
To register and view the schedule, visit https://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/Attend-the-NAMI-National-Convention