The South River Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of school crossing guard on a part-time/substitute basis.
School crossing guards will work under the direction of the police department and are responsible for the safe crossing of school children and other pedestrians at designated crossing areas within the Borough of South River.
• Must be 18 years of age or older;
• Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent;
• Must be a United States citizen;
• Must be a resident of New Jersey;
• Must be of sound body and of good health with vision and hearing adequate to perform essential job functions;
• Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license;
• Must be of good moral character and not be convicted of any criminal offense;
Applications can be obtained from and returned to the South River Municipal Offices, located at 48 Washington St., South River.
Applicants are requested to apply as soon as possible.
The Borough of South River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.