Residents in Colts Neck, Freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Manalapan and Marlboro have cast their ballots for members of six local school boards.
The results of the Nov. 3 election are unofficial at this time and will remain unofficial until they have been certified by the county.
These are the results as of Nov. 13, according to the Monmouth County Clerk’s Office website:
• Colts Neck – There were three three-year terms available on the Colts Neck K-8 School District Board of Education. The only resident who filed to run for a seat on the board was Kathryn Gizzo.
As of Nov. 13, Gizzo had 4,083 votes. There were 1,273 write-in votes cast, but election officials have not reported who received the write-in votes or whether anyone who received write-in votes has accepted a seat on the board.
• Freehold Borough – There were three three-year terms available on the Freehold Borough K-8 School District Board of Education. The candidates were incumbents Tomi Carter, Bruce Patrick and Joseph Santonacita. All three residents have been re-elected. As of Nov. 13, Santonacita had 2,688 votes, Carter had 2,674 votes and Patrick had 2,672 votes.
• Freehold Township – There were three three-year terms available on the Freehold Township K-8 School District Board of Education. Seven candidates were in the race.
Incumbents Michael Amoroso and Michelle Lambert and newcomer Mary Thomann appear to have won the terms. As of Nov. 13, Amoroso had 9,447 votes, Thomann had 8,063 votes and Lambert had 7,997 votes.
As of Nov. 13, incumbent Michael Matthews had 4,772 votes, Margaret Girgis had 4,617 votes, Scott Berlin had 3,564 votes and Cheryl Palew had 2,384 votes.
• Manalapan-Englishtown Regional – There were three three-year terms available on the Manalapan-Englishtown Regional School District Board of Education, with all three seats for representatives from Manalapan.
The candidates were John D’Amato, Dotty Porcaro, Ryan Urgo and Sunil Polepalli.
As of Nov. 13, D’Amato had 13,164 votes, Porcaro had 12,518 votes, Urgo had 11,282 votes and Polepalli had 8,389 votes. Porcaro and Urgo are current members of the board.
There was a one-year term on the school board on the ballot. Incumbent Brian Graime ran uncontested and as of Nov. 13, he had received 16,665 votes to win that seat.
• Marlboro – There were three three-year terms available on the Marlboro K-8 School District Board of Education. The candidates were Jill Strafaci, Susie Shrem, Robert Daniel, Kamilia Maxemoss and Feiby Dawod.
As of Nov. 13, Strafaci had 12,720 votes, Shrem had 10,144 votes, Daniel had 9,773 votes, Maxemoss had 7,087 votes and Dawod had 6,090 votes. Shrem and Daniel are current members of the board.
• Freehold Regional High School District – Representatives were elected from three municipalities to the Freehold Regional High School District Board of Education.
In Freehold Township, incumbent Elizabeth Higley ran unopposed and as of Nov. 13, she had 17,861 votes.
In Colts Neck, Debra Fanelli ran unopposed and as of Nov. 13, she had 19,521 votes.
There was a contested race in Marlboro. As of Nov. 13, incumbent Michael Messinger led George Pometti, 10,891 votes to 8,485 votes.
Some election night mail-in ballots, some Americans With Disabilities Act machine ballots and provisional ballots remain to be counted, according to the county clerk’s website.