METUCHEN – Nearly one out of every 20 residents in Metuchen has had or have COVID-19.
Mayor Jonathan Busch relayed the jarring statistic with new COVID-19 cases in a social media post on Jan. 30. He urges residents to not let their guard down.
“Unfortunately, our COVID numbers have not particularly improved since our post-holiday spike earlier this month,” the mayor said. “We have an additional nine cases in the borough today bringing our total to 700, with 207 of those cases occurring in January alone.”
The borough has lost seven residents to COVID-19, according to Middlesex County.
“We do not know the role that more contagious variants may be playing on these numbers so let’s not let our guards down,” Busch said. “Please consider limiting unnecessary indoor exposure and doubling your masks.”
For more information visit www.metuchennj.org. For Middlesex County information visit discovermiddlesex.com/covid19/ or www.middlesexcountynj.gov/covid19.