• The Art Society of Monmouth County is preparing a virtual “Oldies but Goodies” show sponsored by OceanFirst Foundation. Art society members may submit two entries each from Feb. 15 through 3 p.m. Feb. 19. For more information on show submission, how to become a member or to sign up for the society’s newsletter, visit https://www.artsocietyofmonmouthcounty.org/
• New Jersey Blood Services, which provides blood for local patients, is looking for a few good volunteers. Blood drive volunteers assist donors with registration and/or at the refreshment area. No medical background necessary. Volunteers should be outgoing to provide friendly customer service and be able to perform tasks as needed. Must have transportation. All training is provided. For additional information, call or text Sharon Zetts at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To apply online as a blood drive volunteer, visit https://www.nybc.org/support-us/volunteer-nybc/volunteer-application/
• New Jersey Blood Services is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled in the near future: Feb. 22, North Centerville Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1, 372 Middle Road, Hazlet, 1-7 p.m.; Feb. 25, the Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury, 352 Sycamore Ave., Shrewsbury, 1-7 p.m.; Feb. 27, AOH/Knights of Columbus Middletown, 12 Route 36, Middletown, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. To donate blood, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• The Monmouth County Park System will host a Wondrous Winter Walk on Feb. 24 from 10-11:30 a.m. at Big Brook Park, Marlboro, meet in the parking lot. Join a park system naturalist and explore a park in wintertime. Open to all ages; under 18 with adult. Sturdy footwear is recommended; trails may have inclines or tree roots to step over. Free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• “Relationships During the COVID-19 Pandemic,” a Zoom Talk by Dr. Jay Levin, will be presented by the Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County, Freehold Township. at 2 p.m. Feb. 21. Admission is $7 for museum members and $10 for non-members. For reservations, ca;; 732-252-6990. A Zoom link will be provided by email upon registration.
• Dove Hospice Services of New Jersey is seeking volunteers to provide support to hospice patients and their families throughout Monmouth County. Volunteers visit with patients in their home, which can also be nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities, at least once a week. Visits can also be virtual and are during the day or early evening. Details: Deborah Adams, 732-405-3035, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
• The Monmouth County Library is offering a weekly virtual bereavement meeting for all
those who have lost a loved one and are navigating the maze of emotions and trying to make decisions in a new way. The virtual meetings provide an opportunity for people to share experiences, feelings and ideas. Sessions are conducted on Webex and registration is possible on Eventkeeper in order to receive information on how to access the meetings, held Wednesdays at 6:45 p.m. Details: Email email@example.com
• Residents struggling with substance use issues may call 1-844-ReachNJ to speak with counselors ready to offer assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week. ReachNJ is a free, confidential hotline that provides individuals with concerns about their own or a family member’s substance use immediate help and treatment referrals. The help line is always answered by a live specialist.
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.