• Join N.J. Health Care Networking Group for the March 10 Zoom meeting from 9:30-10:30 a.m. N.J. Health Care Networking Group is a free organization for anyone in the health care industry, including those who provide ancillary products and services. FieldWorker is in the V.I.P. member spotlight and is hosting the March meeting. To register, email Lisa@PreferredCares.com. Those who register will receive the Zoom code to join the March 10 meeting. Meetings take place once a month.
• The Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County, Freehold Township, will present Marc Chagall: a talk and film led by Professor Maurice Mahler on March 14 at 2 p.m. The film, “The Art of Marc Chagall: War and Peace Through Yiddish Eyes,” will be shown. The program will be held on Zoom. Admission is $8 for museum members and $10 for non-members. To make a reservation, call 732-252-6990. Individuals who register will receive an email with the link after their registration is processed.
• New Jersey Blood Services, which provides blood for local patients, is looking for a few good volunteers. Blood drive volunteers assist donors with registration and/or at the refreshment area. No medical background necessary. Volunteers should be outgoing to provide friendly customer service and be able to perform tasks as needed. Must have transportation. All training is provided. For additional information, call or text Sharon Zetts at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To apply online as a blood drive volunteer, visit https://www.nybc.org/support-us/volunteer-nybc/volunteer-application/
• New Jersey Blood Services is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled in the near future: Feb. 25, the Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury, 352 Sycamore Ave., Shrewsbury, 1-7 p.m.; Feb. 27, AOH/Knights of Columbus Middletown, 12 Route 36, Middletown, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. To donate blood, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• Dove Hospice Services of New Jersey is seeking volunteers to provide support to hospice patients and their families throughout Monmouth County. Volunteers visit with patients in their home, which can also be nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities, at least once a week. Visits can also be virtual and are during the day or early evening. Details: Deborah Adams, 732-405-3035, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
• The Monmouth County Library is offering a weekly virtual bereavement meeting for all
those who have lost a loved one and are navigating the maze of emotions and trying to make decisions in a new way. The virtual meetings provide an opportunity for people to share experiences, feelings and ideas. Sessions are conducted on Webex and registration is possible on Eventkeeper in order to receive information on how to access the meetings, held Wednesdays at 6:45 p.m. Details: Email email@example.com
• Residents struggling with substance use issues may call 1-844-ReachNJ to speak with counselors ready to offer assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week. ReachNJ is a free, confidential hotline that provides individuals with concerns about their own or a family member’s substance use immediate help and treatment referrals. The help line is always answered by a live specialist.
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.