• State Theatre New Jersey presents Movie Online Trivia Night on April 7 at 7 p.m., hosted by film critic Stephen Whitty. Proceeds raised support State Theatre’s Community Engagement programs. A minimum donation of $5 allows patrons to participate in the trivia challenge. To sign up for Trivia Night, go to STNJ.org/Trivia
• Join New Jersey Health Care Networking Group for an April 14 Zoom meeting from 9:30-10:30 a.m. The networking group is a free organization for anyone in the health care industry, including those who provide ancillary products and services. Bancroft NeuroRehab is in the V.I.P. member spotlight and is hosting the meeting. To register, email Lisa@PreferredCares.com and you will receive the Zoom code to join the April 14 meeting. Meetings take place once a month.
• The Millstone Township Environmental Commission will hold the 2021 stream cleanup from 9 a.m. to noon April 17. The event is sponsored by Millstone Township and the Watershed Institute. Volunteers will meet at the municipal court building, 255 Millstone Road, and head out to collect trash from around the community. Rain or shine; a mask must be worn; children must be accompanied by an adult; bring a reusable water bottle and gloves. Pre-registration required. Visit thewatershed.org/stream-cleanups
• The Monmouth County Park System is hiring lifeguards, camp counselors, park and golf course maintenance workers, swim instructors and more for June, July and August. For more information, visit the park system’s Summer Job Fair, to be held from 1-4 p.m. April 3 at the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center, 2566 Guam Lane, Tinton Falls. A face covering is required. Prospective employees must be at least 16 years old and a Monmouth County resident. A full listing of summer job openings can be found at www.MonmouthCountyParks.com. Details: 732-842-4000, ext. 4339 or ext. 4219.
• The Guild of Creative Art and the James T. Gary Foundation will award a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating Monmouth County high school senior who plans to major in the visual arts in an accredited college or art school in Fall 2021. Full-time attendance is required. Media may be painting, sculpture or photography. The application deadline is April 15. For the application and fact sheet, call 732-741-1441.
• The Allentown Village Initiative (TAVI) invites area residents to join a special effort to patronize local businesses. Register at www.allentownvinj.org to receive a weekly email highlighting Allentown’s shops and restaurants. The email will showcase unique products, services and specials offered by entrepreneurs throughout Allentown and Upper Freehold Township. There is no charge to participate. To register and for more information, visit www.allentownvinj.org
• Samaritan Center, a joint ministry of St. Thomas More and Old Tennent Presbyterian churches, operates a food pantry to provide supplementary food for those in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Donations of funds and food are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center. Volunteers are always welcome.
• Dove Hospice Services of New Jersey is seeking volunteers to provide support to hospice patients and their families throughout Monmouth County. Volunteers visit with patients in their home, which can also be nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities, at least once a week. Visits can also be virtual and are during the day or early evening. Details: Deborah Adams, 732-405-3035, or email email@example.com
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.