• Hazlet will hold a town-wide garage sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 17 (rain date April 18). See an interactive map with locations and descriptions of items for sale.
• The Monmouth County Park System will host its spring craft show at the Fort Monmouth Recreation Center, Tinton Falls, on April 17 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. This seasonal craft show with 50 local artists and crafters will feature Mother’s Day gifts, spring decorations and more. Admission and parking are free. Attendees must wear a mask at the event. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000.
• The American Red Cross continues to urge healthy individuals, especially those with type O blood, to give blood to ensure hospitals can meet patient needs. Schedule a donation appointment by calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). The following blood drives have been scheduled: Eatontown, April 28, 1-6 p.m., Sheraton Eatontown, 6 Industrial Way East; and Tinton Falls, April 27, 3-8 p.m., Jersey Coast Chapter, 1540 West Park Ave., and April 29, 2-7 p.m., Jersey Coast Chapter, 1540 West Park Ave.
• The Heart of New Jersey Chorus (a chapter of Sweet Adelines International) is holding a virtual membership night on April 28 at 7:30 p.m. The chorus sings four-part a cappella harmony. Individuals who like to sing, love to learn, have fun and make new friends are invited to visit the chorus’ rehearsal. Send an email to email@example.com or call 732-446-9782 to receive a link to join the event.
• The Central New Jersey Women in Development (WID) hosts a monthly roundtable for nonprofit professionals online. At noon on April 15 the topic will be “Nonprofit Tech Hacks to Increase Fundraising.” A panel discussion will take place on Zoom. Cost is free to WID members and $15 for non-members. The discussion will include favorite go-to event apps; photo apps; and general tips, tricks and tech hacks for nonprofit professionals. Registration link: https://widmercer.org/events/
• The Art Society of Monmouth County will host the Ruth Crown Memorial Art Exhibit sponsored by the Crown family in memory of their mother, water colorist Ruth Crown, a founding member of the Monmouth Arts Gallery, the endowment from which funded the formation of the Art Society of Monmouth County. The exhibit will display a wide range of members’ artwork at https://www.artsocietyofmonmouthcounty.org/ beginning April 10. An awards reception will be held April 24 at 1:30 p.m. via Zoom. To “attend” the Zoom presentation, emails with the Zoom link will be sent to those who have subscribed to the society’s e-newsletter from its website.
• The Monmouth County Park System will host Splendid Spring Strolls on April 26 from 10-11:30 a.m. at Freneau Woods Park, Aberdeen Township (meet in the Visitor Center parking lot). Join a park system naturalist on a peaceful trail walk. Sturdy footwear is recommended as trails used may have inclines or tree roots to step over. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present Accordion Melodies of the 1890s on April 17 from 1-3 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. Hear melodies of the 1890s played on the accordion. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will host Earth Day Dune Planting on April 22 from 4-6 p.m. at Bayshore Waterfront Park, Port Monmouth (Middletown). Help provide valuable habitat for local wildlife by planting native grasses and other perennials as part of a dune restoration project. Plants are in limited supply so this program will be first come, first served. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• New Jersey Blood Services, which provides blood for local patients, is looking for a few good volunteers. Blood drive volunteers assist donors with registration and/or at the refreshment area. No medical background necessary. Volunteers should be outgoing to provide friendly customer service and be able to perform tasks as needed. Must have transportation. All training is provided. For additional information, call or text Sharon Zetts at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To apply online as a blood drive volunteer, visit https://www.nybc.org/support-us/volunteer-nybc/volunteer-application/
• Dove Hospice Services of New Jersey is seeking volunteers to provide support to hospice patients and their families throughout Monmouth County. Volunteers visit with patients in their home, which can also be nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities, at least once a week. Visits can also be virtual and are during the day or early evening. Details: Deborah Adams, 732-405-3035, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to email@example.com. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.