• The Monmouth County Park System will host its annual Creative Arts and Music Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 1 at Thompson Park, Newman Springs Road, Lincroft. This juried arts festival features specially selected artists’ works of pottery, photography, jewelry, paintings and other mediums. The family friendly event includes free activities, artist demonstrations and live music. Admission and parking are free. Face masks are required inside buildings or when social distancing cannot be maintained. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000.
• The Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County will present “Kreplach and Dim Sum – Yes, There are Jews in China!” at 2 p.m. May 2. The event will be a Zoom talk by Robyn Helzner. Admission is free (donations are welcome). For reservations, call 732-252-6990, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.jhmomc.org
• Area residents are invited to join The Allentown Village Initiative for a few hours of “spring cleaning” to clean up the community and celebrate Earth Day. All are welcome to participate on April 24 beginning at 9 a.m. Register at https://www.allentownvinj.org/ to pitch in at a location convenient to you, anywhere in Allentown or Upper Freehold Township. Individuals and groups will be assigned areas of their choice and
free supplies will be provided.
• The Allentown Village Initiative (TAVI) invites area residents to join a special effort to patronize local businesses. Register at www.allentownvinj.org to receive a weekly email highlighting Allentown’s shops and restaurants. The email will showcase unique products, services and specials offered by entrepreneurs throughout Allentown and Upper Freehold Township. There is no charge to participate. To register and for more information, visit www.allentownvinj.org
• CentraState Medical Center is launching a new online grief support group led by licensed clinical social workers certified in grief counseling to assist individuals who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The group is open for adult members of the community who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The private groups will provide a safe, non-judgmental space for participants to share their emotions and struggles. The group will meet via Zoom on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 3 p.m. beginning May 6. To register, call 732-303-5170 or email Ametzger@Centrastate.com or Ssouza@Centrastate.com
• The Heart of New Jersey Chorus (a chapter of Sweet Adelines International) is holding a virtual membership night on April 28 at 7:30 p.m. The chorus sings four-part a cappella harmony. Individuals who like to sing, love to learn, have fun and make new friends are invited to visit the chorus’ rehearsal. Send an email to email@example.com or call 732-446-9782 to receive a link to join the event.
• The Art Society of Monmouth County will host the Ruth Crown Memorial Art Exhibit sponsored by the Crown family in memory of their mother, water colorist Ruth Crown, a founding member of the Monmouth Arts Gallery, the endowment from which funded the formation of the Art Society of Monmouth County. The exhibit will display a wide range of members’ artwork at https://www.artsocietyofmonmouthcounty.org/ beginning April 10. An awards reception will be held April 24 at 1:30 p.m. via Zoom. To “attend” the Zoom presentation, emails with the Zoom link will be sent to those who have subscribed to the society’s e-newsletter from its website.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present Climb Time on April 25 from noon to 3 p.m. at the Clayton Park Activity Center, Upper Freehold Township. Try the park system’s 25-foot-tall portable climbing wall. Individuals must be 42 inches tall or taller to climb. Open to ages 8 and up; under 18 with adult. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Samaritan Center, a joint ministry of St. Thomas More and Old Tennent Presbyterian churches, operates a food pantry to provide supplementary food for those in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Donations of funds and food are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center. Volunteers are always welcome.
• Dove Hospice Services of New Jersey is seeking volunteers to provide support to hospice patients and their families throughout Monmouth County. Volunteers visit with patients in their home, which can also be nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities, at least once a week. Visits can also be virtual and are during the day or early evening. Details: Deborah Adams, 732-405-3035, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to email@example.com. Please submit items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.