Canadian teen who called in bomb threat to PU in September has been charged

0
434

A Canadian teenager who allegedly called in a bomb threat to Princeton University in September 2020 has been charged with one count of second-degree false public alarm, according to the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office.

A juvenile petition was signed against the 15-year-old boy by the Princeton University Department of Public Safety, the statement said.

He was arrested in Louisiana earlier this month and is being held there, pending extradition to New Jersey, according to officials.

The boy allegedly called in a bomb threat for the Princeton University Art Museum, Firestone Library, Nassau Hall and the Princeton University Chapel on the Princeton University campus on Sept. 19, 2020.

The buildings were ordered to be evacuated by the Princeton University Department of Public Safety so they could be searched for a bomb. No bombs were found.

The teenager was identified as a suspect in the bomb threat incident following a multi-agency and multi-national investigation, according to published reports. The investigation spanned the Canadian cities of Saskatoon and Edmonton, and the U.S. East Coast and Louisiana.

The boy was arrested at his grandparents’ home in South Vacherie, which is a small town between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, reports said.