• Deborah Heart and Lung Center is hosting Women-to-Women Talk Heart-to-Heart, a virtual wellness event bringing together Deborah’s medical professionals, Emmy Award winning chef Christina Pirello and wellness health coach Michelle Martin to shine a spotlight on women and their health needs. All registrants will be entered into a drawing for three designer handbags. The event will be held in a virtual manner from 10-11 a.m. June 26. Registration: https://WomenToWomen21.givesmart.com
• The Manalapan-Englishtown Regional School District Board of Education will hold the following meetings: June 8, regular action meeting, Evening of Appreciation, 7 p.m., Manalapan Englishtown Middle School, 155 Millhurst Road, Manalapan; and June 22, regular action meeting, 7:30 p.m., Manalapan Englishtown Middle School. Both meetings are open to the public.
• The Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County presents “Eric Mendelsohn: Synagogue Architect with a Vision” on June 6 at 2 p.m. Admission is free (donations are welcome). To make a reservation and receive the Zoom link, call 732-252-6990, email email@example.com or visit www.jhmomc.org
• The American Red Cross will host the following blood drives: June 10, 2-7 p.m., Freehold Township Senior Center, 116 Jackson Mills Road, Freehold Township; June 11, 2-7 p.m., Olive Branch Masonic Lodge No. 16, 2 Dutch Lane Road, Freehold Borough. All blood types are needed. In most cases, individuals who have received a COVID-19 vaccine can donate. However, knowing the name of the manufacturer of the vaccine the individual received is important in determining donation eligibility. Appointments may be made by visiting RedCrossBlood.org calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
• New Jersey Blood Services is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled in the near future: June 10, Freehold Raceway Mall, Freehold Township, 1-7 p.m.; and June 11, Freehold Raceway Mall, Freehold Township, 1-7 p.m. To donate blood or for information on how to organize a blood drive, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• CentraState Medical Center has launched a new online grief support group led by licensed clinical social workers certified in grief counseling to assist individuals who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The group is open for adult members of the community who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The private groups provide a safe, non-judgmental space for participants to share their emotions and struggles. The group meets via Zoom on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 3 p.m. To register, call 732-303-5170 or email Ametzger@Centrastate.com or Ssouza@Centrastate.com
• Samaritan Center, a joint ministry of St. Thomas More and Old Tennent Presbyterian churches, operates a food pantry to provide supplementary food for those in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Donations of funds and food are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center. Volunteers are always welcome.
• New Jersey Blood Services, which provides blood for local patients, is looking for a few good volunteers. Blood drive volunteers assist donors with registration and/or at the refreshment area. No medical background necessary. Volunteers should be outgoing to provide friendly customer service and be able to perform tasks as needed. Must have transportation. All training is provided. For additional information, call or text Sharon Zetts at 732-850-8906, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To apply online as a blood drive volunteer, visit https://www.nybc.org/support-us/volunteer-nybc/volunteer-application/
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.