SAYREVILLE – Using preschool expansion aid, the Sayreville School District Board of Education has appointed education program providers for the district’s new pre-kindergarten facility in an amount not to exceed $2.4 million.
On Aug. 24, board members passed a resolution appointing seven pre-K education program providers and approving an agreement for them to provide pre-kindergarten education program services during the 2021-22 school year.
The agreement will be effective from Sept. 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022, according to the resolution, after which it may be renewed by the board.
According to the resolution, the following will provide pre-K programming to pupils in Sayreville:
- Lightbridge Academy, in an amount not to exceed $540,000;
- Acelero Learning Monmouth/Middlesex County, Inc./Head Start Grantee, in an amount not to exceed $420,000;
- Garden Friends on Bordentown, in an amount not to exceed $360,000;
- Kidzland Childcare Center, in an amount not to exceed $360,000;
- The Learning Experience, in an amount not to exceed $360,000;
- Garden Friends on Main, in an amount not to exceed $180,000;
- The Peace Rose Montessori School, in an amount not to exceed $180,000.
As stated in the resolution, each payment will be funded through preschool expansion aid provided by the state.
Through state funding, Sayreville has been implementing a free, full-day pre-kindergarten project since 2019.
In other business, board members passed a resolution approving an agreement for professional services between the board and the firm Spiezle Architectural Group, Inc. to help prepare for an upcoming referendum project. Spiezle Architectural Group will be paid $12,900 for the services, according to the resolution.