• A Zoom program, “Hollywood Yiddishkeit: Jewish Images in American Film” with historian John Kenrick, will be presented by the Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County at 2 p.m. Dec. 5. Admission: $12 for museum members and $15 for non-members. To RVSP, call the museum at 732-252-6990, email email@example.com, or visit www.jhmomc.org
• The Monmouth County Retired Educators Association will hold its holiday meeting and luncheon on Dec. 14 at Knob Hill Country Club, 1 Shinnecock Drive, Manalapan, at 11 a.m. Members are encouraged to bring a non-perishable donation for the food bank. The association is also collecting unwrapped children’s toys, books or gift cards for Bridges At The Shore. For luncheon reservations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732 995-7754. Reservations must be received before Dec. 3. New members are welcome. Check the association’s website or Facebook page for additional information.
• Start your holiday preparations today by registering to participate in The Allentown Village Initiative’s Christmas Wreath Decorating Contest. Registration is open at www.allentownvinj.org. All you need to do is put your creative talents to work and decorate a wreath in any style, using materials of your choice. Then ask a business owner on Main Street in Allentown for permission to hang the wreath on their shop door by Nov. 26. Between Nov. 26 and Dec. 31, voting will be open for everyone visiting town to choose their favorite wreath. The winner will receive a gift basket valued at $75; second and third place will receive $30 and $25 gift cards to their favorite Allentown small businesses. Winners will be announced on Jan. 7. Details: Annette DeFalco, 609-218-0410
• Monmouth County Park System will present mill demonstrations Nov. 20-21 from 1-4 p.m. at Historic Walnford, Walnford Road, Upper Freehold Township. See the 19th century gristmill in action. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County Park System will present the Casual Birder on Nov. 23 at 9 a.m. at
Crosswicks Creek Park, Upper Freehold Township, meet in the Province Line Road parking area. Join a park system naturalist for a bird walk. Open to ages 10 and up; under 18 with adult. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County Park System will present Nature on the Move – Autumn Nights on Nov. 19 at 4:30 p.m. at Historic Walnford, Walnford Road, Upper Freehold Township. Look for the colorful Nature on the Move van and join a park naturalist for a 45- to 60-minute hands-on interactive program. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Monmouth County Park System will present No More Grist for the Mill on Nov. 27-28 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Historic Walnford, Walnford Road, Upper Freehold Township.
Decorate a stocking, take a selfie in a sleigh, and sip on a cup of hot cocoa to celebrate the start of the holiday season. Take a tour of the historic house, built in 1773, and enjoy the rumbling of the gristmill during its last run of the year. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Donovan Delivers is a Robbinsville-based charity which offers financial assistance to families who have lost a child at birth. Although Donovan Delivers was unable to hold its annual charity event due to the pandemic this year, it has paired up with Bruno’s One Sweet Ride, 19 N. Main St. Allentown. The shop will allow customers to make a donation to the charity when making a purchase in person or online by indicating DD on the fundraiser code when checking out. Bruno’s has a selection of chocolate items especially for the holidays and is known for its hot chocolate bombs. The fundraiser will run until Dec. 31. Details: www.donovandelivers.com or https://brunosonesweetride.com
• The New Egypt Elks Lodge will host Breakfast with Santa on Dec. 19, two seatings: 8:30-10 a.m. or 10-11:30 a.m. Each child will receive a gift from Santa. Pre-sale tickets only; limited seating. Menu includes (subject to change): pancake station, toppings, French toast, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon and pork roll, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice and more. Cost: Adults (13-59), $12; Seniors (60 and over), $11; Child (4-12), $8; Children 3 and under, free. To reserve: https://form.jotform.com/neelks2457/breakfast-with-santa. Paper tickets will not be issued. Reservations are non-refundable unless they can be re-sold before the event. Any reservation not paid by Dec. 9 will be cancelled to allow for others to purchase. Payment can be made via Zelle at email@example.com or Venmo Mike Walsh at 732-600-8442. Credit, debit, check or cash accepted at the lodge.
• The Allentown Village Initiative (TAVI) invites area residents to join a special effort to patronize local businesses. Register at www.allentownvinj.org to receive a weekly email highlighting Allentown’s shops and restaurants. The email will showcase unique products, services and specials offered by entrepreneurs throughout Allentown and Upper Freehold Township. There is no charge to participate. To register and for more information, visit www.allentownvinj.org
• CentraState Medical Center has launched a new online grief support group led by licensed clinical social workers certified in grief counseling to assist individuals who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The group is open for adult members of the community who have experienced the loss of a loved one. The private groups provide a safe, non-judgmental space for participants to share their emotions and struggles. The group meets via Zoom on the first and third Thursdays of each month at 3 p.m. To register, call 732-303-5170 or email Ametzger@Centrastate.com or Ssouza@Centrastate.com
• Samaritan Center, a joint ministry of St. Thomas More and Old Tennent Presbyterian churches, operates a food pantry to provide supplementary food for those in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Donations of funds and food are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center. Volunteers are always welcome.
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.