• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center, is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled: Dec. 1, St. Dorothea Church, 240 Broad St., Eatontown, 12:30-6:30 p.m.; Dec. 5, St. James Church, 94 Broad St., Red Bank, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Dec. 9, Most Holy Redeemer, 133 Amboy Road, Matawan, 1-7 p.m. To donate blood or for information about how to organize a blood drive, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• A Zoom program, “Hollywood Yiddishkeit: Jewish Images in American Film” with historian John Kenrick, will be presented by the Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County at 2 p.m. Dec. 5. Admission: $12 for museum members and $15 for non-members. To RVSP, call the museum at 732-252-6990, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.jhmomc.org
• The Monmouth County Retired Educators Association will hold its holiday meeting and luncheon on Dec. 14 at Knob Hill Country Club, 1 Shinnecock Drive, Manalapan, at 11 a.m. Members are encouraged to bring a non-perishable donation for the food bank. The association is also collecting unwrapped children’s toys, books or gift cards for Bridges At The Shore. For luncheon reservations, contact email@example.com or call 732 995-7754. Reservations must be received before Dec. 3. New members are welcome. Check the association’s website or Facebook page for additional information.
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center, is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled: Nov. 30, Lincroft Bible Church, 790 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft, 1-7 p.m. To donate blood or for information about how to organize a blood drive, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• Monmouth County Park System will present a cookstove demonstration on Nov. 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. Discover how recipes, cooking techniques and kitchens have changed since the 1890s. Free. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• Morganville United Methodist Church, 215 Conover Road, Marlboro, will open its thrift shop on Saturdays in November from 9 a.m. to noon. The thrift shop has new and nearly new items of clothing, housewares, home decor, toys, CDs, DVDs, books and more; vintage and collectible items. All are welcome to visit the thrift shop.
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.