• The Monmouth County Park System will host a Yarn Bee on Dec. 4 from noon to 2:30 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. All are welcome to knit or crochet at their own pace, and farm staff will be on hand to assist those needing a little extra help. Bring your own supplies. Open to ages 10 and up; under 18 with adult. The cost is $5 per person; cash or check only. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will host 19th century Christmas ballads on Dec. 4 and Dec. 11 from 1-3:30 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. Enjoy 19th century Christmas ballads played on the piano. Free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will host the Casual Birder on Dec. 21 at 9 a.m. at Thompson Park, Lincroft, meet at Marlu Lake. Join a park system naturalist for a laid-back morning bird walk. Open to all ages; under 18 with adult. Free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will host a cookstove demonstration on Dec. 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. See what’s cooking on the woodstove and discover how recipes, cooking techniques and kitchens have changed since the 1890s. Free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present The Sounds of Christmas on Dec. 12 from 1-3 p.m. at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel. Celebrate the holidays by listening to Larry Moser and Mary Nagin play Christmas carols on the hammered dulcimer and fiddle. Free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present a Nature Lecture Series: Seals of the Jersey Shore on Dec. 16 from 7-8 p.m. at the Bayshore Waterfront Park Activity Center, Port Monmouth. Join a park system naturalist for a talk about the different species of seals that call the Jersey Shore home during the colder months. Free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present a Clear the House Stroll on Dec. 24 at 10 a.m. at Deep Cut Gardens, Middletown. Clear the house by sending family and guests on a stroll with a park system guide. This stroll takes place on even paths and at a slow pace. Free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present Nature on the Move: Winter Days on Dec. 29 at 3 p.m. at Holmdel Park, Holmdel, meet in the shelter building parking area.
Look for the park system’s colorful Nature on the Move van and join a park system naturalist for a 45- to 60-minute hands-on interactive program. Free. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will host the Creative Arts Center exhibit from Dec. 4 through Dec. 11 in “the Gallery” at the Thompson Park Creative Arts Center, 805 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft. Hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. The exhibit celebrates the original artwork of the Creative Arts Center’s students and instructors. Many pieces will be available for purchase. Details: www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or 732-842-4000.
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center, is conducting blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled: Dec. 5, St. James Church, 94 Broad St., Red Bank, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Dec. 9, Most Holy Redeemer, 133 Amboy Road, Matawan, 1-7 p.m. To donate blood or for information about how to organize a blood drive, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• A Zoom program, “Hollywood Yiddishkeit: Jewish Images in American Film” with historian John Kenrick, will be presented by the Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County at 2 p.m. Dec. 5. Admission: $12 for museum members and $15 for non-members. To RVSP, call the museum at 732-252-6990, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.jhmomc.org
• The Monmouth County Retired Educators Association will hold its holiday meeting and luncheon on Dec. 14 at Knob Hill Country Club, 1 Shinnecock Drive, Manalapan, at 11 a.m. Members are encouraged to bring a non-perishable donation for the food bank. The association is also collecting unwrapped children’s toys, books or gift cards for Bridges At The Shore. For luncheon reservations, contact email@example.com or call 732 995-7754. Reservations must be received before Dec. 3. New members are welcome. Check the association’s website or Facebook page for additional information.
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.