The Arts Institute of Middlesex County is presenting programming primarily centered around the holiday season this December.
Event highlights include:
- Every Wednesday at 4:30 p.m., celebrate the gift of friendship. Join the Civic League of Greater New Brunswick for the Art and Story Time series with a new reading and a DIY craft activity. All ages welcome.
- Dec. 8 at 4:30 p.m., join the Civic League of Greater New Brunswick for a reading of “Bear and Wolf” by Daniel Salmieri. After the reading, use painting and drawing to create greeting cards.
- Dec. 15 at 4:30 p.m., join the Civic League of Greater New Brunswick in a reading of “Wake Up, Sloth,” a pop-up book created by Anouck Boisrobert and Louis Rigaud. After the reading, learn how to create a pop-up greeting card.
- Dec. 10 at 8 p.m., tickets are $15 for “A Christmas Carol” at Playhouse 22, 721 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick. Tickets must be purchased online at Playhouse22.org or over the phone at 732-254-3939.
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides continue in New Brunswick at City Center. The cost is $20 per carriage family. The carriage leaves the Heldrich on George Street from 5-8 p.m. Dec. 17, from 4-7 p.m. Dec. 18 and from 4-7 p.m. Dec. 19.
Visit www.middlesexcountynj.gov/artsandculture for full details. Registration details and links to livestream events are available.