• Center Players, in partnership with historic Oakley Farm, will present “An Enchanted Afternoon,” a free community event on June 18 at 4 p.m. at the farm, 189 Wemrock Road, Freehold Township. There will be live musical performances from area artists, including vocalists, musicians and instrumental groups. Attendees are asked to bring a blanket or a lawn chair to the event.
• Green Leaf Pet Resort, Millstone Township, is partnering with big names in the pet care industry to raise money for the CentraState Healthcare Foundation. On June 25 from noon to 6 p.m., Green Leaf Pet Resort will host animal-loving attendees at its Canine Carnival – Paws for a Cause. Proceeds will be donated to the CentraState Healthcare Foundation. Admission is free and all furry, fuzzy and feathered friends are encouraged to attend. There will be carnival games, doggie dock-diving, lure courses, a New Jersey State Police K-9 demonstration, food trucks and more. Details: www.greenleafcaninecarnival.com
• Freehold Borough and the Freehold Borough Recreation Commission will present an Independence Day Concert and Fireworks at Freehold Raceway, Park Avenue, on July 3. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the fireworks will start at dusk. The event is free. Musical entertainment will be provided by the RockNRoll Chorus (5:45 p.m.), Lil Asmar and the Garden State Prodigies (6:20 p.m.) and RockitFish (7:15 p.m.). Kason Jackson will perform “The Star-Spangled Banner.” No pets, coolers or backpacks permitted. Guests may bring blankets and folding beach chairs. All are welcome to attend, For up-to-date information, visit www.freeholdboroughnj.gov
• The Monmouth County Park System will present a Mill Demonstration at Historic Walnford, Walnford Road, Upper Freehold Township, on June 18, 19, 25 and 26 at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. See a 19th century gristmill in action. Each demonstration lasts approximately 15 minutes. Free event. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present Story Time in the Park, June 19 and 26 from 11-11:45 a.m. at Historic Walnford, Walnford Road, Upper Freehold Township.
Staff will read a story in front of picturesque Crosswicks Creek. Bring a snack and a blanket or towel. During inclement weather the reading will take place in the front hall of the historic house. Open to ages 2-7 with adult. Free event. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present a Freshwater Fishing Derby on June 18 from 2-5 p.m. at the Manasquan Reservoir, Howell, and June 19 from 2-5 p.m. at Turkey Swamp Park, Freehold Township. Prizes will be awarded for the longest fish in three categories. Fishing pole rentals available on a first come, first served basis. Rental cost is $5 per pole. A container of worms is included with each registration. The cost is $25 per family of four; $8 per person. Walk-ins are welcome; cash or check only on site. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present an Antique Auto Display on June 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Historic Walnford, Walnford Road, Upper Freehold Township. See pre-1948 automobiles on display. Weather permitting. Free event. Details: 732-842-4000.
• DeBows United Methodist Church, corner of Route 571 and Route 537, Jackson, will host a flea market on June 25 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Table space (no table) for vendors is $10. Contact Sue at 732-598-7352 to reserve a space or for more information. Additional information can be found at www.debowsumc.org
• The Monmouth County Fair will be held from July 27-31 at the East Freehold Showgrounds, Freehold Township. Hours are 4-11 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. General admission is $8 per adult; children 17 and under are admitted free. Follow the Monmouth County Park System on social media. Upcoming fair contests will be announced on the park system’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages, offering an opportunity to win admission tickets and more. The fair is organized and presented by the Monmouth County Park System in cooperation with the Monmouth County 4-H Association. Details: www.MonmouthCountyFair.com
• Allentown was a stop on the Underground Railroad and local historian John Fabiano will tell the story during a free 90-minute walking tour sponsored by The Allentown Village Initiative on June 18 beginning at 10 a.m. in Pete Sensi Park, Main Street, Allentown. “They Came for Freedom” will lead participants past historic homes, shops, cemeteries and landmarks which played a part in helping escaped slaves from the south reach freedom in the north. Register in advance for a timed tour start at www.allentownvinj.org. Registrants will be assigned timed starts in 30-minute intervals beginning at 10 a.m. June 18.
• The DowntownFreehold.com Thursdays Rock concert series takes place each Thursday from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at the Monmouth County Hall of Records plaza, Main Street, Freehold Borough. The concerts are free; bring a lawn chair. The schedule is as follows: June 16, Funky Uncle All-Stars; June 23, The Weeklings; June 30, Eddie Testa Band; July 7, Mission Dance; July 14, Joe Baracata Band; July 21, Matt O’Ree Band; July 28, Chuck Lambert Band with Coo Moe Jhee; Aug. 4, Parrot Beach; Aug. 11, Colossal Street Jam; Aug. 18, Pat Guadagno and Friends; Aug. 25, Turnstyles.
• The Freehold Borough Arts Council 2022 Jazz, Blues and More Summer Concert Series will take place every Sunday through August (June 5 through Aug. 28) from 7-9 p.m. at the Downtown Freehold Gazebo, Main Street, Freehold Borough. The concerts are free; bring a lawn chair.
• A farmers market will be held every Friday from July through October, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Monmouth County Hall of Records plaza, Main Street, Freehold Borough.
• The Monmouth County Library offers six classes available at any time and without any advance registration on virtual Yoga, highlighting breathing, movement, stretching and other activities. Each program is offered at https://ly/MonCoLibraryYoga. The programs are offered by Steven Russell of Becoming Sound. Interested individuals may choose their own path with movements from six of the most popular library video class series. Sessions are Yoga Breathing; Yoga Stretching; Yoga Movement; Yoga Stretching with Support; Yoga at Home on the Floor; and Yoga at Home Standing. Individuals should consult a physician before starting any exercise program.
• The Allentown Village Initiative (TAVI) invites area residents to join a special effort to patronize local businesses. Register at www.allentownvinj.org to receive a weekly email highlighting Allentown’s shops and restaurants. The email will showcase unique products, services and specials offered by entrepreneurs throughout Allentown and Upper Freehold Township. There is no charge to participate. To register and for more information, visit www.allentownvinj.org
• Samaritan Center operates a food pantry to provide supplementary food for those in need in Manalapan, Marlboro, Morganville, Englishtown and Millstone Township. For information, call 732-446-1142 and make an appointment. Donations of funds and food are gratefully accepted to support the operation of the center.
• Embroiderers’ Guild of America – Monmouth Chapter is dedicated to teaching and sharing the joys of needlework. The organization welcomes stitchers of all levels. Evening stitchers will meet via Zoom on the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Day stitchers will meet via Zoom on the third Thursday of each month at 10 a.m. Details: Toni, 732-462-5540, or visit website:www.mcega.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.