• The Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County will present “Jews and America’s Founding Fathers” by Rabbi Dr. Robert Fierstien on June 26 at 2 p.m. This is a Zoom program only and admission is free. The talk will highlight the special relationship that such luminaries as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Benjamin Franklin and Alexander Hamilton had with Jewish people, sometimes positive, sometimes negative, but always fascinating. To make a reservation, call 732-252-6990 or visit http://www.jhmomc.org
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center, will conduct the following drives: July 3, St. William the Abbot, 2740 Lakewood-Allenwood Road, Howell, 8:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.; July 5, Howell Donor Center, 4068 Route 9 South, Howell, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; July 6, Howell Donor Center, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.; July 7, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; July 12, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; July 13, Howell Donor Center, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.; July 14, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; July 19, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; July 20, Howell Donor Center, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.; July 21, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; July 26, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; July 27, Howell Donor Center, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.; and July 28, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m. To donate blood, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
• Green Leaf Pet Resort, Millstone Township, is partnering with big names in the pet care industry to raise money for the CentraState Healthcare Foundation. On June 25 from noon to 6 p.m., Green Leaf Pet Resort will host animal-loving attendees at its Canine Carnival – Paws for a Cause. Proceeds will be donated to the CentraState Healthcare Foundation. Admission is free and all furry, fuzzy and feathered friends are encouraged to attend. There will be carnival games, doggie dock-diving, lure courses, a New Jersey State Police K-9 demonstration, food trucks and more. Details: www.greenleafcaninecarnival.com
• The Monmouth County Park System will present the Casual Birder on June 28 at 9 a.m. at the Manasquan Reservoir, Howell, meet in the Environmental Center parking lot.
Join a park system naturalist for a laid-back morning bird walk. Free event. Details: 732-842-4000.
• The Monmouth County Park System will present Performance in the Park – A Midsummer’s Night Sonnetry: Fourteen Sonnets by William Shakespeare on June 26 from 4-6 p.m. at the Thompson Park Theater Barn, Lincroft. Listen to performance readers explore and recite 14 of Shakespeare’s most poignant sonnets. Free event. Details: 732-842-4000.
• DeBows United Methodist Church, corner of Route 571 and Route 537, Jackson, will host a flea market on June 25 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Table space (no table) for vendors is $10. Contact Sue at 732-598-7352 to reserve a space or for more information. Additional information can be found at www.debowsumc.org
• The Monmouth County Fair will be held from July 27-31 at the East Freehold Showgrounds, Freehold Township. Hours are 4-11 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday; 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. General admission is $8 per adult; children 17 and under are admitted free. Follow the Monmouth County Park System on social media. Upcoming fair contests will be announced on the park system’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages, offering an opportunity to win admission tickets and more. The fair is organized and presented by the Monmouth County Park System in cooperation with the Monmouth County 4-H Association. Details: www.MonmouthCountyFair.com
• The Historic Wainright House Museum and Craft Center, 48 Main St., Farmingdale, will host its second annual photography show from June 4-25. The show is hosted by Virginia Woolley, owner of the Wainright House, and coordinated by Vicky Culver. Hours are Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Sunday, 1-4 p.m.
• The DowntownFreehold.com Thursdays Rock concert series takes place each Thursday from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at the Monmouth County Hall of Records plaza, Main Street, Freehold Borough. The concerts are free; bring a lawn chair. The schedule is as follows: June 23, The Weeklings; June 30, Eddie Testa Band; July 7, Mission Dance; July 14, Joe Baracata Band; July 21, Matt O’Ree Band; July 28, Chuck Lambert Band with Coo Moe Jhee; Aug. 4, Parrot Beach; Aug. 11, Colossal Street Jam; Aug. 18, Pat Guadagno and Friends; Aug. 25, Turnstyles.
• The Freehold Borough Arts Council 2022 Jazz, Blues and More Summer Concert Series will take place every Sunday through August (June 5 through Aug. 28) from 7-9 p.m. at the Downtown Freehold Gazebo, Main Street, Freehold Borough. The concerts are free; bring a lawn chair.
• New Jersey Blood Services, a division of New York Blood Center, will conduct blood drives which are open to the public. The following drives are scheduled: June 23, Howell Donor Center, 4068 Route 9 South, Howell, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; June 28, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m.; June 29, Howell Donor Center, 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.; and June 30, Howell Donor Center, 1:30-8:30 p.m. To donate blood or for information about how to organize a blood drive, call 1-800-933-2566 or visit www.nybloodcenter.org
Items for the Datebook may be sent to email@example.com. Please submit items at least two weeks prior to a scheduled event.