Princeton Fire Wire

0
642

Firefighters responded to a call for a dishwasher on fire at a Princeton-Kingston Road home Feb. 26. On arrival, they found smoke coming from underneath the dishwasher. It was determined that the fire started below the dishwasher at the electrical connection. The fire was extinguished and the house was aired out.

An investigation into an odor of burning at a Willow Street residence Feb. 26 was traced to the next-door neighbor’s unit. The neighbor was airing out the kitchen after he burned his dinner. The odor of burned food had drifted into the caller’s residence.

A crew of firefighters were dispatched to a building on Nassau Street Feb. 25 in response to a person trapped inside an elevator. The elevator was stuck on the first floor. The crew locked out the power to the elevator and opened it. The person declined any assistance in getting out of the elevator.

Firefighters responded to an activated fire alarm on Leigh Avenue Feb. 16. When they arrived, they found that the caller had extinguished a small fire in the kitchen. An investigation revealed that a candle in a glass jar inadvertently ignited some artificial flowers next to the glass jar. The apartment was aired out.

A Birch Avenue resident was assisted by firefighters after getting stuck in a locked bathroom Feb. 14.

Firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm call of a person feeling dizzy at the Avalon Princeton rental apartment building on Witherspoon Street Feb. 8. The apartment was checked with three different gas meters, but no carbon monoxide or other gases were detected. The resident declined to be taken to the hospital by the Princeton First Aid & Rescue Squad.