Woodbridge Main Library
1 George Frederick Plaza
Woodbridge Township, NJ 07095
Join local resident Rihi Jain on Tuesday, January 7 at 7PM at the Woodbridge Main Library, as she presents Stress, Anxiety, and Mental Health as part of her Girl Scout Gold Award Project. Her project centers around spreading awareness and helping people to manage stress and anxiety. Some topics that will be discussed are the following:
- To examine the situations that contribute to teenage stress and anxiety
- To identify symptoms of stress and anxiety
- To learn self-help strategies to help manage stress and anxiety
- To examine how and when to seek professional help
- Healthy vs. Unhealthy Coping
- Time Management techniques
- Myths and Misconceptions about Mental Health
- Stress Reduction Activity
- Mindfulness and Deep Breathing Training
Along with Rihi, Dr. Craig Springer will present his own experiences to compliment the presentation. Dr. Springer is a clinical psychologist and licensed as a practicing psychologist in New York (016741) and New Jersey (35SI00449700) and he is credentialed by the National Register of Health Service Psychologists. He earned his MA and PhD in Clinical Psychology at Fairleigh Dickinson University and completed his undergraduate degree summa cum laude at New York University. He is currently the co-owner of the Good Life Center for Mental Health in Cranford, NJ.
A raffle and light refreshments will take place during the event.
This program is free and open to all. Registration is required.
Please register HERE or call 734-634-4450.
The Woodbridge Main Library is located at 1 George Frederick Plaza Woodbridge, NJ. If you have any questions or need any further information please contact us at 732-634-4450 or visit our website, www.woodbrigelibrary.org.