Trade secrets are many companies’ most valuable intellectual property. They include formulas, specialized processes, proprietary algorithms that provide a competitive advantage, and confidential customer and pricing lists.
But not all competitive information qualifies as a trade secret, and some information that would otherwise qualify may lose that status if not properly protected. Join Fox Rothschild attorneys Eric Reed and Brian Berkley as they cover the basics of trade secrets and how to effectively protect them, including:
• Examples of trade secrets and their values to companies
• What does and does not qualify as a trade secret?
• What practices improve trade secret protection?
• How to mitigate the risk that your trade secrets will be stolen
• How to ensure you don’t inadvertently take others’ trade secrets
• What to expect when a lawsuit is filed
• Risks of trade secrets litigation