29 Greenview Ave
Princeton, NJ 08542
There will be guided walking tour of the Princeton Cemetery on Sunday, May 26, at 1:15PM. It will begin at the cemetery entrance at the 29 Greenview Avenue. There is no charge and all are invited to attend. The tour will highlight many of the more interesting graves as well as point out some of the sections of the cemetery ranging from the original Old Graveyard and President’s Plot of Princeton University to the most recently added Pardee Memorial Garden that provides environmentally sensitive burial of ashes in biodegradable earthen urns.
Established in 1757, the Princeton Cemetery is the final resting place for a U.S. President and Vice President, a New Jersey governor and most of the presidents of the College of New Jersey/Princeton University and the Princeton Theological Seminary. Also interred are a signer of the Declaration of Independence, scholars and theologians, veterans beginning with the Revolutionary War, novelists, philanthropists, a Nobel Laureate, a Pulitzer Prize winner, as well as many others who have called the Princeton area home.
The graveyard is owned and operated by the Nassau Presbyterian Church. It is still an active graveyard and the inclusive, non-denominational character of the cemetery continues, and interment has never been restricted to church members and their families.
For more information about the tour or the cemetery, call 609-924-1369. Parking for the tour is available on surrounding streets or in the Municipal Parking Garage next to the Princeton Public Library. There is no raindate scheduled.