The Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Middlesex County will hold the following events free of charge at the EARTH Center in Davidson’s Mill Pond Park, 42 Riva Ave., South Brunswick, unless otherwise noted.
Registration is required for most events. Call 732-398-5262.
- Growing the Best Strawberries, 6:30 p.m. on May 2. Discuss different varieties of strawberries, how to extend your growing season and how to get the most out of your berry harvest.
- Kids Gardening Series: Part 1, 11 a.m. to noon on May 12. Explore the Children’s Garden, take home start seeds and learn gardening from experts.
- Protecting Garden Investments Workshop, 6:30 p.m. on May 16. Explore topics such as seed saving harvesting, preserving, overwintering plants and propagating.
- 4-H Yard Sale Fundraiser, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on May 19 at the 4-H Youth Center, 645 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick. Rain date May 20. Call 732-398-5261 for vendor information.
- Butterfly House Grand Opening, 10 a.m. to noon on June 2. Enjoy a close-up look at the beautiful world of butterflies.
- Kids Gardening Series: Part 2, 11 a.m. to noon on June 2. Delve deeper into the art of gardening and learn how fun plants can be.
- Deer-Resistant Gardens with Native Plants, 10 a.m. to noon on June 9. This workshop will teach which plants are the most tolerant and least attractive to deer.
- Growing Foods that Heal, 6:30 p.m. on June 13. This workshop will focus on food as medicine. By growing and eating the right foods, you can look forward to wellness, more energy and better immunity.
- Pond Exploration for Kids, 10-11:30 a.m. on July 14. Explore a pond to see how many insects, frogs, fish and plants you can find. Test the water and learn how to keep ponds healthy. Supplies will be provided, but children should wear rain boots.