Age-related hearing loss happens slowly, which can make it difficult to tell when it’s time for a hearing aid to help. The hearing healthcare experts at American Hearing Centers have put together a list of signs to look for to make it easier for you to tell when it’s time to schedule an appointment to test your hearing. If you experience any of the following often, it’s time to talk to a hearing professional:
- It feels like people are mumbling when speaking to you
- You frequently ask people to repeat what they said
- The television or radio volumes are always extremely loud
- Group and phone conversations become harder to understand
- You find yourself avoiding social occasions, family gatherings, and noisy environment
Having healthy hearing is an important part of everyone’s life. It keeps us engaged and active in our personal and professional lives.
If you are experiencing any of the above situations, the hearing healthcare professionals at American Hearing Centers are ready to help. Call 732-730-7277 to schedule your free hearing test today.