East Windsor man sentenced to 15-year term

0
274

A 38-year-old East Windsor Township man has been sentenced to serve 15 years in prison for sexually assaulting two young girls who had been left in his care, Mercer County Prosecutor Angelo Onofri announced.

Onofri said Allan Montepeque-Nunez, 38, was sentenced on Dec. 7 by state Superior Court Judge Robert W. Bingham II, sitting in Trenton.

Montepeque-Nunez pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated sexual assault in July, in connection with incidents that occurred between 2011 and 2016 in East Windsor. The two girls were known to him, the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office said.

Since Montepeque-Nunez’s sentence is subject to the No Early Release Act, he will have to serve 85 percent of his prison term before becoming eligible for parole, the prosecutor’s office said. The prison terms will be served concurrently.

Montepeque-Nunez was also sentenced to parole supervision for life and will have to register as a sex offender under Megan’s Law.