HomeHopewell Valley NewsHopewell NewsHouse damaged by fire in Hopewell Township

House damaged by fire in Hopewell Township

A Blake Drive home was left uninhabitable as the result of a fire that began in the second-floor laundry room Feb. 3, according to the Hopewell Township Police Department.

A resident called shortly before 8:30 p.m. to report a fire in the laundry room, police said. The first police officer on the scene saw flames in the laundry room and attempted to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.

Firefighters from the Pennington Fire Company arrived and extinguished the fire, police said. The home suffered fire, smoke and water damage and was not habitable. An attached residence suffered minor smoke damage.

The Pennington Fire Company was assisted by the Hopewell Fire Department, the Union Fire Company, the Lawrenceville Fire Company, the Prospect Heights Fire Department and the Pennington First Aid Squad.

The fire is not believed to be suspicious and may be the result of an appliance. The fire is under investigation by the Hopewell Township Police Department and Hopewell Valley Emergency Services.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Stay Connected

1,226FansLike
1,962FollowersFollow

Current Issue