The Trenton Community A-Team returns to the Gourguad Gallery


Share post:

For the month of February, the Gourgaud Gallery will display artwork inside of Town Hall from artists in the Trenton Community A-Team (TCAT).

The A-Team has been exhibiting at the gallery for 14 years. It is a non-profit organization in Trenton that supports, develops and promotes self-taught local artists.

- Advertisement -

Inside the Baroness Gebhert Gourgaud Room in town hall between 45-50 pieces of art are being displayed. The exhibit will run through Feb. 28.

“Every year their artwork is amazing. It is really cool to see the artists evolve and become some tremendous artists,” said Vice President of the Cranbury Arts Council Amy Amico.

According to the Arts Council website, the council provides arts-oriented programs, workshops and performances aimed at a mission to foster, support, educate, inspire and promote artists and art appreciation in the community.

The Arts Council usually takes 20 percent of the price of each painting sold, but will not do so with the A-Team.

“We decided from day one, because we want to support them. We wanted to let them keep all the money,” Amico said. “Each artist is responsible for his/her own money and sales. In the end the proceeds go right back to them.”

She said the Arts Council sees more of the paintings in exhibits sold in the beginning of the month with a reception that is held for the artists and potential buyers.

“We sell pieces throughout the month as well. The gallery is always open during normal town hall hours during the week. Generally, the sales do happen on the reception day,” Amico said.

The council is able to set exhibits up quickly in the gallery each month because the organization has been doing them for so long.

Amico said the goal of having exhibits such as ones with the A-Team is to promote the arts within the community. She has been a part of the Arts Council for 15 years and has been chairperson for the Gourgaud Gallery for 14 years.

“The best part of doing these exhibits is drawing inspiration from the artists. The artists are so enthusiastic in their art for all the right reasons. It is a part of them. They just inspire you and it sets me off in a good place for my own art classes,” she said.

John Kelly is the President of the Board of TCAT. He said that 70 percent of the proceeds go to the artist and the remaining 30 percent go to TACT. The 30 percent to TACT goes to providing administrative support to the program and organization.

For more information about the exhibit, visit For more information on the Trenton Community A-Team, visit 

Stay Connected


Current Issue

Latest News

Related articles

Protesters disrupt Princeton University alumni festivities

Pro-Palestinian/anti-Israel protesters were true to the word that they would "see you at Reunions" when they briefly held...

‘A time to reflect’

People stood together along Nassau Street as many waved American flags for the 2024 Memorial Day Parade. The parade...

Primary election is June 4

Princeton voters will nominate candidates for an assortment of elected offices in the Democratic and Republican party primaries...

Princeton school board approves budget with three-cent increase

Princeton property owners will see a three-cent increase in the school district property tax rate, based on the...