Two Lawrence Township residents have tested positive for coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, according to Lawrence Township officials.
The Lawrence Township Health Department was notified March 15 that two members of a family who lives in Lawrence Township had tested positive for COVID-19. They have been under home quarantine for several days.
The residents who tested positive for COVID-19 will remain under home quarantine as they continue to be monitored by the Lawrence Township Health Department and their physician, township officials said.
Meanwhile, the Lawrence Township Health Department has conducted interviews with the two affected residents to identify close contacts who may be at elevated risk for COVID-19.
Those close contacts who may be at risk will be advised by the Lawrence Township Health Department about precautions they need to take to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
They will also be asked to monitor themselves for symptoms of COVID-19 – cough, fever and difficulty breathing – for 14 days since the date of their last exposure to the two residents who tested positive for COVID-19, township officials said.
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, Lawrence Township residents are being asked to avoid crowds, stay home when they are sick, maintain a distance of six feet from other people and wash their hands frequently.
The Lawrence Township residents are among the latest victims of COVID-19 in Mercer County. Four people who live or work in Princeton, including two Princeton University staffers, have tested positive for COVID-19.
The common tie among the four is that they attended the same party in Princeton on Feb. 29. Two Massachusetts residents who also attended the party tested positive for COVID-19 when they returned home.
The two Massachusetts residents who tested positive for COVID-19 had earlier attended the Biogen conference in Boston, which has been linked to the spread of COVID-19.